Don't come to Church
Due to the ongoing
coronavirus crisis, we are CANCELLING
Sunday’s service as a public event.
Instead, Pastor Jisun, our technicians, and music team will “televise” a service live on Facebook and YouTube at 10:20 A.M.
The links are at the top of the page. If you can't join us live, you can still enjoy the service later.
Sunday Worship Times:
Rev. Dr. Jisun Kwak, Pastor
Hello to you!
Welcome to the Audubon United Methodist website! Audubon United Methodist Church is here to worship God with you and serve God by serving others. We are also here to provide you and your loved ones much needed spiritual nourishment in the ways that you can relate and easily fit in. We are an open minded, caring, fun group of people who are ready to make friends with you and adopt you in caring love. I hope you make your trip to the church to feel the spirit and to witness the presence of the Holy Spirit among us. If you have any concerns or need pastoral care, please feel free to contact me, Pastor Jisun, at any time. I will be happy to assist you and share my shoulders and prayers with you. Note that I am a trained counselor and life coach who has deep faith in God.
Important note is that concerning the current pressing virus issue, our church is closed to all public gatherings as of March 17, 2020. Until further informed, everything will be done online “live” including the Sunday worship service. More information about online worship service and other programs, see the posted letter below.
Join us!! Let’s grow together!
Joy in Christ,
We will be meet ONLINE
together during Holy Week.
Holy Thursday, April 9th
Facebook and YouTube.
Good Friday Service
Facebook and YouTube.
Easter Sunday Worship
10:20 a.m. Praise Music
10:30 a.m. Traditional Service
Facebook and YouTube
March 19, 2020
Dear friends and families of Audubon United Methodist Church,
I hope and pray that you and your loved ones are well in these very challenging days. Having restraints over our normal daily lives makes us frustrated. I give thanks to God more now for the freedom I used to take for granted; for such things as eating out, picking up a cup of Dunkin coffee on my way to a meeting, and going to a gym etc. Our normal daily lives seem to be out of balance. We hope to find comfort in the weekly worshipping together and the fellowship. Unfortunately, that must also be put on hold for the safety of all of us and of the surrounding community. The president and governor have issued a directive that there are to be no gatherings of more than 10 people. We are to follow the directives of federal, state and local municipalities. Audubon United Methodist Church will remain closed to all public gatherings until further notice effective immediately. In other words, we will not hold worship service on Sunday at church. However, it is truly important for us to stay connected as a community of believers. Audubon United Methodist Church will be offering worship service online and other programs for our congregation and the surrounding community.
These are what we are committed to offer for you.
1. Live stream worship service online Sunday at 10:30 AM. You can use your phone, computer, or tablet to watch the worship service from home. You can chat by typing. Email to Pastorjisun@gmail.com your prayer request by Saturday morning. The link to join the worship online will be sent to you each week. The bulletin of the worship order and the announcements will also be sent to you in one email.
Please email me the prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday.
Link for live stream worship: https://www.facebook.com/AudubonUMC/
2. Livestreamed worship service on YouTube & Facebook. If you can't join us live, you can watch the service later. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AudubonUMC/
3. Electronic giving We are ready to receive your heartfelt gift by using your own computer or phone. You will get the information in the email along with the online worship link.
4. Seekers Bible study online
We will not cease from learning to grow. Sunday at 9:00 AM. Starting March 29th The easy video interact link, called, ZOOM will be sent to you.
5. Bible 101 class online Sunday at 11:45 AM. Starting March 29th. The easy video interact link, called, ZOOM will be sent to you.
6. “Comfort Food” new weekly online “gathering” We want to feel connected while we are away from each other. We will pray, sing, read Bibles and poems, listen to the talented Audubon musicians, and share our stories.
Wednesday at 7:00 PM Starting April 1. The easy video interact link, called, ZOOM will be sent to you. You will also get a separate email from me regarding this program because it will be made by your input.
7. Care Call This virus is known to make older generation more vulnerable by it. We will visit older congregation by phone to find out the needs. The type of needs may include but not limited to the technical support for online worship service or food shopping, etc. For this program we need help from younger generation. You will get a separate email for this.
8. Be the Church How can we be the true church for such a time like this for the people who are affected by this virus situation and in need of necessities or helpers? Stay tuned.
9. Long Distance Pastoral visit I will be available for you for any pastoral care needs at any time. I won’t be able to visit you at home in person as I used to for now. But you can always call, text, or email me when you need to speak with me or need to pray with me.
Note that all of the online links above mentioned including the electronic giving are available on our website www.audubonumc.com by easy one click.
All email letters and notices will also be available on our website for your convenience.
It is our hope that we will be able to return to regular meetings and worship together soon. Please know that I am praying for you all and for all of your good health. May our God help us to go through this safely and hold our spirits together until we can once again greet one another in person in Christ.
God is with you! So are we for each other!
Love in Christ, Pastor Jisun
We are very sorry to say the Annual Easter Egg Hunt has been cancelled. We hope to see you next year!
If you are unable to see text in the white box below, open AudubonUMC.com with Microsoft Edge. It does not always show up on Yahoo.